Friday, March 23, 2012

Fave Furniture Fridays...#2

Hello blog world.. and welcome to the second edition of Fave Furniture Fridays!
 (or, as Telisa and i have started calling it- "FFF")
Thanks so much for your links last week- it was fun checking each one out. The link with the most clicks was actually Telisa's- her armoire makeover was stunning, and you can see why!

I've been busy this week with a few projects of my own. I'm a big big fan of turning "trash to treasure", and the cheaper I can get a piece of furniture, the better the treasure it makes.
(when someone puts it on the curb, even BETTER!)
I usually redo about 2-3 pieces a week, and it's gotten a little crowded in our house- most of the pieces are either sold on craigslist or given to friends now. It's such a fun hobby!
Did i mention a little crowded in our house? I meant a lot.

This chair was one that i found at goodwill for three dollars.
This is a record console (it has vertical dividers in each section of double doors) that i found on the curb. WHO would throw this away??? not i. (also, I passed up an old organ because i couldn't think of anything fun do with it. It looked like a piano, but had a few rows of keys. thoughts??) I lightly sanded it, primed and painted it a gorgeous blue-grey, distressed it and changed out the knobs.
These end tables came with the chevron coffee table (here) that I beautified a few weeks ago. No before picture, but just imagine... dark wood. dangley handles. yuck.

I like chairs. Here's another one with a FABULOUS back design. So retro! I painted it grey and had to create a seat for it because the one that was on it crumbled in my hands as i unscrewed it. ewww.
After buying some new foam, i covered the seat in a pretty yellow corduroy with wide stripes. :)
Show some love- link up at our weekly party today and don't miss another one! Fill in your email address on the right sidebar to keep current! (hint, hint. g-i-v-e-a-w-a-y soon)
*Link-up your post (not your main URL) to this party, then include a link back to this page  
*No Etsy pages or business websites please.
 *Include a short description of your project and the name
of your blog in your link up.
   * Visit at least 2 other blog links and show them some love!
  *Grab the party-link button on the left side bar so others can join the PARTY!


1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe how fast you whip these out! And I am losing sleep over how bad I want that white dresser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...